When progressed, the Toliara Project will have a significant positive effect on both the National and Regional economies.
Indirect and induced economic contributions could be expected to include:
- Infrastructure investment
- Employment – direct employment and indirect via supply chain and contractors
- Local content – the mine will seek to utilise local suppliers where feasible, including spare parts, maintenance and operating consumables, transport, security and other outsourced services
- Direct taxation contribution – through royalties and direct taxation
- Indirect tax contributions – employees’ income tax contributions
- Community development programmes and investment designed in consultation with local communities to address priorities
For Base Toliara’s key requirements for its suppliers refer to the Base Toliara Supplier Code of Conduct.